everyday life.... memories in the making



Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Happy Mother's Day, Mommy"


My mother's day weekend started when I picked John Michael up at his school on Friday afternoon.  His class was outside watching the Blue Angels fly and he & I went inside to get his things.  He reached down and picked up the card he had made for me, looked up at me and said "happy mother's day, mommy".  All on his own and in the sweetest little voice.

Saturday, Samuel came into the kitchen and handed me something he had made for me at school, hugged me so tight and told me happy mother's day.  Sunday morning they gave me coffee mugs they had painted for me at All Fired Up with Joseph a couple weeks earlier and a beautiful red climbing rose bush that I have been wanting.  All day long, I was given hugs and kisses.  Later that night when Samuel and I were going for a walk he asked if it had been a good mother's day.  When I told him yes it had been wonderful he said, we probably should have done more for you. 

I have the sweetest boys and the best husband and am so blessed!

No comments: