everyday life.... memories in the making



Monday, November 16, 2009

Thanksgiving Blessings

I really can't believe Thanksgiving is next week. 2009 is just a blur when I think about it. It has been a good year & a difficult year. Even still, we are very blessed. When I start "counting my blessings" there are too many to name. Of course the first things that come to mind are family, friends, good health, our home, our jobs, two thriving-happy-healthy boys, a wonderful God-loving husband, and a loving God who loves me & forgives me every day. I could go on and on with blessings God provides every single day... loving parents, food, clothing, water, good schools & wonderful teachers for our boys, freedom, laughter, opportunities, nature & it's beauty, a wonderful church, cars, more "things" than we will ever need, and on and on and on the list goes. But of all these, the ones that matter most are not the "things" but family, friends, and a relationship with our loving God. I know I neglect these every day but as I get older the more precious they become. We are truly blessed beyond measure & may I always be mindful of that. So today I want to say thank you to God & all our family & friends and wish everyone a happy & blessed Thanksgiving.

No comments: