everyday life.... memories in the making



Friday, November 21, 2008

Roll Tide & Thank You

Last Saturday night Samuel & I had an exciting, unexpected night out! We had pictures done for our Christmas cards with Kim Lawson at 4:00. On the way home we were talking about what we were going to fix to eat while we watched the ballgame that night and Samuel says that he would really like to go to the game. I tried to talk Joseph into taking him down and trying to get tickets, mind you it is now about 5:00 and kickoff is at 6:45. Joseph suggests that Samuel and I go since I have not even been to a game this season. Of course Samuel gets all excited at the possibility so we go home, quickly change into warm clothes, gather up all of our ball game necessities and head down. We found tickets right off the bat with seats that were covered and with our backs to the brisk wind. We had a great time and it was some much needed one-on-one Mother/Son time. Now, how many husbands would give up a ballgame opportunity to stay home with a little one, just so wife/mom could go to a ballgame and spend some quality time with her oldest son? Not many I would guess. I truly am blessed to have such a wonderful husband and father to our boys!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I did the same thing with Jacob earlier in the season. It was sooo much fun, just me and him while Michael stayed home with Madison.