everyday life.... memories in the making



Monday, November 24, 2008

Samuel's First Deer

Samuel got his first deer this past Saturday morning but I don't know who was more giddy with excitement, he or his dad. This is a moment Joseph has looked forward to since before Samuel was even born. Not the actual kill of his son's first deer, but the whole hunting experience with his son(s). He truly loves getting out in the woods and the quietness and oneness with nature. He has always talked about the bonding time it would provide for them. So anyway, this past weekend was a special time for them.
Yes, it scares me seeing my baby/big boy sitting there with a gun looking so grown up. I just can't think about all that goes on probably while they are out on a "hunt". The climbing up into a tree stand and however far up that is and just the handling of a gun. I just have to trust and pray that God will protect them both as they enjoy this experience together.

No comments: